Join James Mann FRPS for a car photography workshop on Thursday 7 June.
Please Note: This workshop is now fully booked.
10:00am. Introduction (Terrace Room, Brabazon Restaurant)
- Free entry to the museum
- Meet in the Terrace Room at the Brabazon Restaurant for an informal introduction.
10:30 - 12:00pm. Get to know your camera gear
- Get to know your camera gear. DSLR, bridge, compact, phone
- Switching to manual, shutter /aperture priority, ISO, file size, auto focus, auto-exposure, aperture and depth of field. Flash adjustment
- When to use automated or manual settings
- Camera bags, back pack, Billingham, camera care
- Choosing a tripod. Metal, carbon fibre, folded length, type of head
12pm - 1:00pm. Shooting action
- Panning, zoom pan, long and short lens
- In and on car moving images
- Bolt-on goodies including small rigs
2pm -3:30pm. Photographing at a museum or show
- Shooting inside the National Motor Museum. Including the land speed record cars and other special features.
3:30pm - 4:40pm. Round up and retouching (Terrace Room, Brabazon Restaurant)
- How to get the right passes and shoot at motorsport events
- Editing your images, re-sizing for the web, file transfer and simple retouching.
What to bring
- Equipment: Bridge, compact system or SLR camera and a tripod if you have it
- All weather clothing
- Packed lunch or use local amenities
- Level: Intermediate
For further information, please contact the RPS on: