A highlight of Beaulieu’s events calendar since it was launched in 1994, Spring Autojumble’s quarter century will be marked with a silver-themed event as jumblers are invited to decorate stands and send their memories and pictures to SAJ25@beaulieu.co.uk.
Beaulieu’s autojumbles are the best place to shop for spares and accessories for classics, including the much-loved Mini. To put the car in the spotlight, Beaulieu’s Mini 60 display at Spring Autojumble will show a timeline of every major milestone in the classic Mini’s lifespan from 1959 to 2000. The Mini Cooper Register display will bring together the earliest Minis, special editions of the 1980s and ’90s, practical estates, vans and sporty Coopers. Spring Autojumble media sponsor Practical Classics will join the Mini celebration by bringing their own project car, a 1968 Austin Mini estate that has been off the road for more than 40 years. See this tiny time-warp and chat with the team about their latest project.
Mini fans can scour Spring Autojumble’s 1,000+ stands packed with classic car parts, motoring literature and automobilia bargains. Maybe even find your dream Mini amongst the range of classics for sale in Automart and Dealermart.
Other features include a return of the Dorset branch of the Morris Minor Owners’ Club popular display MoggyFest and Friends, while the Morgan Sports Car Club will showcase an impressive selection of these classic British sports car favourites. Show favourites the Wessex Car Club will also show a variety of members’ vehicles.
Enthusiasts for another British legend can enjoy Beaulieu’s Land Rover Rummage on Sunday 19th, as everything Land Rover-related is bought, bartered, swapped and sold in a section of the show dedicated to Britain’s favourite 4x4. Also on Sunday is popular Trunk Traders, a treasure trove for surplus spares, tools, books and automobilia.
One-day and two-day Spring Autojumble tickets can be bought in advance online or via phone on 01590 612888. Event tickets include entry to the whole Beaulieu attraction.
Exhibitors and Trunk Traders can book their stand online or contact the Beaulieu Events team at email@example.com or on 01590 614614.
25th Beaulieu Spring Autojumble Fact File:
- The first Spring Autojumble in May 1994 featured 600 stands, which has almost doubled today.
- Extreme weather conditions meant the show was once cancelled in 2001, making 2019 not only the 25th anniversary but also the 25th event.
- Since the first year, club car displays and the Automart – offering classic cars for sale – have been a key part of Spring Autojumble.
- In 1994, special features included a display by motoring artists and a classic concours competition.
- The show has changed names several times over the years from the initial Beaulieu Spring Classic Autojumble, to Beaulieu Spring Autojumble, Beaulieu Spring Motormart & Autojumble, Beaulieu Motormart Autojumble, then back to Beaulieu Spring Autojumble!
- Trunk Traders and Dealermart were popular new features added to the event in 2006.
- In 1997 the National Motor Museum had its own garage sale at the show, selling off surplus automobilia, vintage tools and period garage items left over from the creation of Jack Tucker’s Garage display in the museum.