Get creative in the National Motor Museum this August.
Visiting families can join our drop-in creative activities, inspired by the museum's project The Drive For Change, commemorating 100 years since The Representation of the People Act was passed, allowing some women, and all men, to vote for the first time.
Sponsored by the Shell Heritage Art Collection and the Caravan and Motorhome Club, families will be inspired by our Collections to discover how the use of cars and caravans became central to spreading the message of the Suffrage campaign in the early twentieth century.
The activities will be take place Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from July 31st – August 23rd 2018, 11.00 – 3.00pm
Tuesdays: Create your own propaganda poster inspired by those displayed on caravans during the suffrage campaign.
Wednesdays: Design and send your own suffrage themed postcard inspired by the Shell Heritage Art Collection.
Thursdays: Build and decorate a model votes for women motor car.
The activities are included in the price of your admission ticket to Beaulieu. Just drop-in and join in the exciting sessions taking place on the ground floor of the National Motor Museum.
Children's creations can be entered into a competition to win a range of prizes from Shell and the National Motor Museum, including one of four family tickets to the Beaulieu Fireworks Spectacular on Saturday 27 October 2018. Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
- Best caravan poster
- Best Shell postcard
- Best Suffrage vehicle
- Favourite creation chosen by Beaulieu’s Facebook page visitors
Special Offer for Caravan Club Members
Caravan and Motorhome Club members can receive one third off the full admission price to the Beaulieu attraction for themselves and up to three guests. Simply produce a valid Caravan and Motorhome Club membership card. This offer is not valid with any other offer or on event days. See the Club's Great Savings Guide for further information and terms.
Competition Terms and Conditions
- There will be one winner of each category.
- The prize will include a family ticket for the Beaulieu Fireworks Spectacular on Saturday 27 October 2018. It cannot be used for anything else or exchanged for its monetary value.
- By entering the competition, you give us permission to use any images created of the entry for our advertising in the future.
- Only one entry per person. Each creation may only be entered once and may not be re-entered in subsequent competitions.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Friday 31st August BST.
- The winner of the following categories: best caravan poster, best Shell postcard and best Suffrage vehicle will be chosen by a panel of judges representing the National Motor Museum, Caravan and Motorhome Club and Shell Heritage Art Collection.
- Fifteen entries per week will be chosen by a panel of judges to enter the favorite creation chosen by Beaulieu's Facebook page visitors. The winner will be determined by whichever entry has the most likes on Beaulieu's Facebook page by midday on Monday 17th September. In the event of a tie, Beaulieu will make the final decision on the winning entry.
- Please note any defamatory comments on the entries will be deleted and that person will be banned from the Facebook page.
- The competition is being run by Beaulieu Enterprises Ltd, John Montagu Building, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN.
- For full details on how we process your personal data please visit https://nationalmotormuseum.org.uk/data-protection/