Get creative in the National Motor Museum this August.
This August, visitors to the National Motor Museum can take part in a range of creative summer activities inspired by the 90th anniversary of Golden Arrow breaking the land speed record.
Sponsored by the Shell Heritage Art Collection and the Caravan and Motorhome Club, families will be inspired by our collections and discover how a need for speed has influenced design, technology and entertainments before and since Golden Arrow’s record breaking run.
No booking is required for the activities, just drop in and join in! Participants can enter their fabulous creations into the Creative Fun Competition to win great prizes from Shell Heritage Art Collection, the Caravan and Motorhome Club and National Motor Museum.
The activities will be take place Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from August 6th – 29th, 11am - 3pm
Tuesdays: NMMT - Be inspired by the story of Golden Arrow and create your own spinning picture (thaumatrope) or build your own car using K’nex.
Wednesdays: Shell - Design and decorate a game to Test Your Nerves!
Thursdays: CMHC - Build and decorate your own Caravan reversing challenge game.
The activities are included in the price of your admission ticket to Beaulieu. Just drop-in and join in the exciting sessions taking place on the ground floor of the National Motor Museum.
Participants can enter their fabulous creations into the Creative Fun Competition to win great prizes from Shell Heritage Art Collection, Caravan and Motorhome Club and the National Motor Museum, including one of four family tickets to Beaulieu Fireworks Spectacular on Saturday 26th October 2019.
- Best Thaumatrope
- Best Test your nerve game
- Best Caravan reversing challenge
Prizes will be awarded in each of these categories as well as a favourite creation chosen by Beaulieu’s Facebook page visitors.
Special Offer for Caravan Club Members
Caravan and Motorhome Club members can enjoy one third off the full admission price for up to four people (see the Club’s Great Savings Guide for further information and terms and conditions).
Competition Terms and Conditions
- There will be one winner of each category.
- The prize will include a family ticket for the Beaulieu Fireworks Spectacular on Saturday 26 October 2019. It cannot be used for anything else or exchanged for its monetary value.
- By entering the competition, you give us permission to use any images created of the entry for our advertising in the future.
- Only one entry per person. Each creation may only be entered once and may not be re-entered in subsequent competitions.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Friday 31st August BST.
- The winner of the following categories: best thaumatrope, best test your nerve game and best caravan reversing challenge game will be chosen by a panel of judges representing the National Motor Museum, Caravan and Motorhome Club and Shell Heritage Art Collection.
- Fifteen entries per week will be chosen by a panel of judges to enter the favorite creation chosen by Beaulieu's Facebook page visitors. The winner will be determined by whichever entry has the most likes on Beaulieu's Facebook page by midday on Monday 16th September 2019. In the event of a tie, Beaulieu will make the final decision on the winning entry.
- Please note any defamatory comments on the entries will be deleted and that person will be banned from the Facebook page.
- The competition is being run by Beaulieu Enterprises Ltd, John Montagu Building, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN.
- For full details on how we process your personal data please visit www.nationalmotormuseum.org.uk/privacy/