Get creative this August in the National Motor Museum.
Visiting families can join in our drop-in creative activities, inspired by the museum's First World War commemorative project, Caravans and Charabancs - Leisure Motoring after the First World War.
Supported by the Heritage Lottery Fund and sponsored by The Caravan Club, Shell Art Collection and Meccano, young visitors can take part in a range of activities including building charabancs from Meccano, caravans from recycled materials and create a touring board game inspired by the Shell Heritage Art Collection.
Children's creations can be entered into a competition to win one of four family tickets to the Beaulieu Fireworks Spectacular on Saturday 31 October 2015. Prizes will be awarded in four categories:
- Best charabanc
- Best caravan
- Best touring game
- Favourite creation chosen by Beaulieu's Facebook page
The activities will be available between 4 - 27 August, 12.00 - 4.00pm as follows:
Tuesdays - Build a charabanc from Meccano
Wednesdays - Create a touring board game inspired by the Shell Heritage Art Collection
Thursdays - Build a caravan from recycled materials
The activities are included in the price of your admission ticket to Beaulieu. Just drop-in and join in the exciting sessions taking place on the ground floor of the National Motor Museum.
Special Offer for Caravan Club Members
Caravan Club members can receive one third off the full admission price to the Beaulieu attraction for themselves and up to three guests. Simply produce a valid Caravan Club membership card. This offer is not valid with any other offer or on event days.
Competition terms and conditions
- There will be one winner of each category.
- The prize will be a family ticket for the Beaulieu Fireworks Spectacular on Saturday 31 October 2015. It cannot be used for anything else or exchanged for its monetary value.
- By entering the competition, you give us permission to use any images created of the entry for our advertising in the future.
- Only one entry per person. Each creation may only be entered once and may not be re-entered in subsequent competitions.
- The closing date for entries is midnight on Thursday 27 August, BST.
- The winner of the following categories: best charabanc, best caravan, best touring game, will be chosen by a panel of judges representing the National Motor Museum, The Caravan Club and the Shell Art Collection.
- Fifteen entries per week will be chosen by a panel of judges to enter the favourite creation chosen by Beaulieu's Facebook page
category. The winner will be determined by whichever entry has the most likes on Beaulieu's Facebook page by midday on Friday 11 September. In the event of a tie, Beaulieu will make the final decision on the winning entry.
- Please note any defamatory comments on the entries will be deleted and that person will be banned from the Facebook page.
- The competition is being run by Beaulieu Enterprises Ltd, John Montagu Building, Beaulieu, Hampshire, SO42 7ZN.
Supported by the National Lottery through the Heritage Lottery Fund